Ginger is the rhizome or in other words, the thick, knotted and beige underground stem of the plant called Zingiber officinale, which has been used as a traditional herbal medicine by the Indians pakistani, Asians and Arabs. For more than 2,000 years ginger has been used in China to treat an upset stomach, nausea, indigestion and diarrhea, this is because ginger has anti-inflammatory effects. It was also used heart conditions, arthritis and colic treatment.
Ginger Health Benefits In Urdu
Ginger Extract Health Benefits At present, ginger is widely used worldwide, as a proof; here are some countries that use ginger as remedies for certain illnesses. In India, ginger is made into paste form so it can be applied on a person’s temple to relieve headache. In Indonesia, they use ginger to cure fatigue. In the Philippines, they are used as throat lozenge to relieve sore throat. While in the United States, ginger is used as a prevention for heat cramps, morning and motion sicknesses.
Although, Ginger is very common in Asia, there are also plantations located in the Caribbean and East Africa. For at least 4,400 years it has been widely used as a cooking spice all over the world.
The Ginger Best Health Benefits
- Maintains Normal Blood Circulation. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
- Remedies Motion Sickness. Ginger is a known effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness. The exact reason is unknown, but in a study of naval cadets, those given ginger powder suffered less.
- Improves absorption. Ginger improves the absorption and stimulation of essential nutrients in the body. It does this by stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion.
- Cold and Flu Prevention. Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural treatment for colds and flu around Asia. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that to treat cold and flu symptoms in adults, steep 2 tbsp. of freshly shredded or chopped ginger root in hot water, two to three times a day
- Combats Stomach Discomfort. Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache. Ginger appears to reduce inflammation in a similar way to aspirin and ibuprofen
- Colon Cancer Prevention. A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Reduce Pain and Inflammation. Ginger contains some of the most potent anti-inflammatory fighting substances known and is a natural powerful painkiller.
- Fights Common Respiratory Problems. If you’re suffering from common respiratory diseases such as a cough, ginger aids in expanding your lungs and loosening up phlegm because it is a natural expectorant that breaks down and removes mucus.. That way you can quickly recover from difficulty in breathing.
- Ovarian Cancer Treatment. Ginger powder induces cell death in ovarian cancer cells.
- Strengthens Immunity. Ginger helps improve the immune system. Consuming a little bit ginger a day can help foil potential risk of a stroke by inhibiting fatty deposits from the arteries. It also decreases bacterial infections in the stomach, and helps battle a bad cough and throat irritation.
- Combats Morning Sickness. Ginger has demonstrated a success rate of 75 percent in curing morning sickness and stomach flu.